Monday 7 April 2008

On the first day...


1 In the beginning I created the blog.
2 Now the blog was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the blog, and the spirit of eye poo was hovering over the darkness.
3 And I said, "Let there be a doodle," and there was a doodle. 
4 I looked upon my creation and saw that it was crap, and I said "the doodle is crap", and it was so.
Anyway, eye poo is the stuff you find in the corner of your eyes in the morning. Not everyone has it every day, some have more than most, but I'm pretty sure everyone is aware of it's existence. 
Every morning (that means weekdays, as mornings often don't exist in the weekends), from this day forth, I will spend one hour doodling nonsense before starting any real work. I won't check the post, make breakfast, wash my pits, or wipe the poo from my eyes until that one hour of spontaneous doodling is over. I'll post the results here no matter how rubbish they may be (case in point below). One page per day, not related to anything I'm working on, and made over one hour only. 
I often find myself dawdling (Dawdle: To waste time by idling: dawdling the hours away) in the mornings. I check and recheck my mail, read on the loo for too long, daydream, sleep in, and worst of all... spend hours looking at the galleries and blogs of other, more productive, illustrators. So this is an attempt to kick start my day. Anyway, I'm procrastinating again, here's todays abysmal entry... 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So now I know what I should have said to my workmate Sally this afternoon instead of "You've got a little crumb on your eyelash deah".
I should have simply told her to check her eyepooh!
Maybe you could do a nice colourful graphic on bellybutton fluff.
Like your site. Keep up the daily meditations.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mum!

I'll give that belly fluff suggestion a go soon.

Love you.